The Simon is a rifle-launched grenade, specially adapted for surprise stand-off breaching of steel or wooden doors. The grenade is launched from a rifle, using standard live ammunition, to ranges of 15 to 30 meters.
The Simon, a combat-proven weapon, which gained operational success with the Israeli Defense Force (IDF) and additional armed forces, can be used for military, counter-terrorist and homeland security applications.
The Simon is comprised of a self-contained unit with a specially designed charge in a plasitc housing, standoff rod, stabilizing tail, S&A mechanism and impact detonator. The fuze is armed only after the designated safety distance.
The Simon may be mounted on a variety of personal assault rifles, typically no special modification or adapter is required and it may be launched by firing any of several types of regular 5.56 mm ball ammunition rounds.
SIMON eliminates risk to the operator, reduces injury to personnel in the vicinity of the door and minimizes collateral damage.
- Increases the element of surprise
- Lightweight (680 gr)
- Range: 15 - 30 meters (static SIMON, which is attached to the door is also available)
- Fired with regular live bullets
- Insensitive Munitions (IM)
- Minimizes injary risk and damage to property
- Easily adaptable to a variety of rifles
- Simple to operate