Barak is a mature, operational anti-missile point defense naval surface-to-air missile system, designed to protect combat vessels against sea skimming missiles and aircraft threats.
Barak is effective against highly maneuvering, supersonic and low altitude threats (sea skimmers), as well as low radar cross section (RCS) targets. It is also effective against a full variety of free space threats.
The missile system is designed to engage multiple targets simultaneously. BARAK is in operational service in the naval forces of several countries.
- Vertical launch
- Unrestricted 360° azimuth coverage
- Maintenance-free eight cell launcher
- All missiles ready for instant firing
- Radar CLOS guidance
- Operation in day, night and adverse weather conditions
- Short reaction time
- Very short minimum range
- Missile high rate-of-turn
- Automatic and semi-automatic engagement
- High kill probability